TVG Pacific Classic, Alabama, Fourstardave, Breeders', Del Mar Oaks, Lake Placid, Del Mar Handicap, Adirondack, Del Mar Mile, Monmouth Oaks, Cliff Hanger, and more.
Jungle Wave, who won the 2009 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine and finished second in last year's running, returns for another go around in the seven-furlong sprint Sunday, Aug. 28.
Le Cinquieme Essai, an 8-year-old son of Fastness, wasn't about to let inclement weather and a soft turf course rain on his parade, winning the $200,000 Play the King (Can-II) at Woodbine Aug. 25 for the second year in a row.
Bill Scott's homebred Le Cinquieme Essai, a former Sovereign Award winner, repulsed a late challenge from Becrux to win the $202,400 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Saturday.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's heavily favored Soaring Free overcame a bumping incident coming out of the gate to register a three-quarter of a length win in the $173,400 Play the King (Can-III) at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies