TVG Pacific Classic, Alabama, Fourstardave, Breeders', Del Mar Oaks, Lake Placid, Del Mar Handicap, Adirondack, Del Mar Mile, Monmouth Oaks, Cliff Hanger, and more.
Jungle Wave, who won the 2009 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine and finished second in last year's running, returns for another go around in the seven-furlong sprint Sunday, Aug. 28.
Le Cinquieme Essai, an 8-year-old son of Fastness, wasn't about to let inclement weather and a soft turf course rain on his parade, winning the $200,000 Play the King (Can-II) at Woodbine Aug. 25 for the second year in a row.
Bill Scott's homebred Le Cinquieme Essai, a former Sovereign Award winner, repulsed a late challenge from Becrux to win the $202,400 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Saturday.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's heavily favored Soaring Free overcame a bumping incident coming out of the gate to register a three-quarter of a length win in the $173,400 Play the King (Can-III) at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Paulassilverlining Shows Her Mettle in Honorable Miss
- Jockey Flores Plans to Retire From Riding
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing Head Jim Dandy
- Curlin Road Wears Down Hard Aces in Cougar II
- Drefong Set for 2017 Debut in Bing Crosby
- A. P. Indian Seeks Vanderbilt Repeat
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters