TVG Pacific Classic, Alabama, Fourstardave, Breeders', Del Mar Oaks, Lake Placid, Del Mar Handicap, Adirondack, Del Mar Mile, Monmouth Oaks, Cliff Hanger, and more.
Jungle Wave, who won the 2009 Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) at Woodbine and finished second in last year's running, returns for another go around in the seven-furlong sprint Sunday, Aug. 28.
Le Cinquieme Essai, an 8-year-old son of Fastness, wasn't about to let inclement weather and a soft turf course rain on his parade, winning the $200,000 Play the King (Can-II) at Woodbine Aug. 25 for the second year in a row.
Bill Scott's homebred Le Cinquieme Essai, a former Sovereign Award winner, repulsed a late challenge from Becrux to win the $202,400 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine Saturday.
Vanderlin, a 6-year-old son of Halling, made his North American debut a winning one, capturing the (U.S.) $195,206 Play the King Stakes (Can-II) by a head Saturday at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's heavily favored Soaring Free overcame a bumping incident coming out of the gate to register a three-quarter of a length win in the $173,400 Play the King (Can-III) at Woodbine Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win