Back on Polytrack after a 10th-place finish in the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands, We Miss Artie took charge in upper stretch and held off a tenacious Majestic Sunset to win the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes.
After finishing off the board in the Kentucky Derby, grade I winner We Miss Artie will prepare for a run at the Canadian classics when the son of Artie Schiller starts in the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes June 14.
Inglorious, undefeated in three starts over the local Polytrack, is the horse to beat in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks, presented by Budweiser, for Canadian-bred 3-year-old fillies June 5.
Pacesetter Big Red Mike dug in when challenged on his inside by Mobilizer to win the $146,256 Plate Trial Stakes in determined style at Woodbine June 13.
Hollinger, the winterbook favorite for Canada's Queen's Plate next month, heads a field of eight Ontario-bred 3-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes over Woodbine's Polytrack June 13.
Two-year-old Canadian-bred champion Edenwold gets his third chance to conquer a two-turn distance in Sunday's $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Sam-Son Farm's Dance With Ravens and West Point Thoroughbreds' Get Down top a select field of seven for Sunday's $163,500 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine, as the countdown to the 146th Queen's Plate June 26 kicks into high gear.
Displaying a tremendous kick coming off the far turn, favored A Bit O'Gold and jockey Jono Jones drew away from seven rivals in the $166,500 Plate Trial Stakes Sunday at Woodbine.
Gustav Schickedanz's Mobil made his case for Queen's Plate favoritism stronger Saturday, edging away from Rock Again in deep stretch win Saturday's $162,200 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Woodbine Entertainment has announced its most comprehensive Woodbine Thoroughbred racing TV schedule ever.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Farhaan Makes the Grade in Thunder Road