Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87
- Sheer Drama Plays Spoiler in Personal Ensign
- Flintshire Flies Away From Sword Dancer Foes
- Unbridled Forever Rolls to First Grade I Win
- Chilean Invader Dacita Takes Ballston Spa