Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Just Cruising' in Workout
- Optimism High for Fasig-Tipton July Yearlings
- White Filly Beautiful Devil Carries Tradition
- Espinoza Tied in World's Best Jock Standings
- Horse Greeley Sold to Stand in Argentina
- Speedy Grade III Winner Chitu Retired
- Kentucky Horsewoman Graves Dies at 61
- Two 'Super Saturdays' for Belmont Fall Meet
- Keeneland Alters September Sale Format
- New York Coupled Entry Rules Modified