Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Mubtaahij Easily Earns Kentucky Derby Spot
- Champion Groupie Doll Delivers Premature Foal
- Secret Circle Powers Home in Golden Shaheen
- Solow All Alone in Dubai Turf
- Sole Power Drives to Al Quoz Sprint Win
- Dolniya Quickens to Sheema Classic Score
- Brown Panther Pounces in Dubai Gold Cup
- Tamarkuz Takes Godolphin Mile Thriller
- Dubai Wold Cup 2015: Godolphin Mile
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup