Honoring the 2012 Inductees to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame. View Slideshow
An emotional John Velazquez received a standing ovation from a standing-room only crowd Aug. 10 at the Humphrey S. Finney Pavilion in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., as the jockey led five other inductees into the Hall of Fame.
Anthony Hamilton, a prominent jockey during the 19th century, and Planet, a dominant racehorse in the years leading up to the Civil War, have been elected to the National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame.
Most Popular Stories
- Look Back: Dr. Fager Delivers on Turf in United Nations
- Archarcharch, Tizway to South Korea
- Better Talk Now Euthanized at Age 18
- After 26 Stakes Wins, Fan Favorite Ben's Cat Retired
- Lights of Medina Leads Pletcher Trio in Mother Goose
- Holy Helena Favored for Queen's Plate
- Curlin's Approval Heads Princess Rooney
- Get your Scorecard, the Travers Trail Has Begun
- Obituary: Jack Arterburn Spent Life in Racing
- Mott Set for Queen's Plate Debut With Channel Maker