Owner Eugene Melnyk on Monday paid tribute to the late Thoroughbred breeder George Brunacini, one of 49 victims of Sunday's crash of Comair flight 5191 in Lexington.
Three planeloads of Breeders' Cup horses are scheduled to arrive in California next week, with Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) hopefuls Funny Cide, Evening Attire, and Volponi on a Wednesday flight out of New York.
A pilot in trouble saw the "luscious green grass" of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's racetrack, and bailed out in the center of the Florida oval on Sunday morning. Neither the pilot, Leroy Morse, nor his passenger were injured, according to the Ocala Star-Banner.
Most Popular Stories
- Shared Belief a Massive Favorite in Big 'Cap
- Metaboss Working Toward Spiral Start
- Armin van Buuren Tops Preakness InfieldFest
- The Big Beast Looking at Stakes Return
- Status Quo for 2015-16 Florida Racing Dates
- Friday's Islamorada Could Impact Triple Crown
- Help Wanted: Keeneland Hosting Job Fair
- Coffee Pot Brews a Good One in Carpe Diem
- Major Stakes Winners Show Up for Hillsborough
- Weather Forces Racing, Event Cancellations