Owner Eugene Melnyk on Monday paid tribute to the late Thoroughbred breeder George Brunacini, one of 49 victims of Sunday's crash of Comair flight 5191 in Lexington.
Three planeloads of Breeders' Cup horses are scheduled to arrive in California next week, with Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I) hopefuls Funny Cide, Evening Attire, and Volponi on a Wednesday flight out of New York.
A pilot in trouble saw the "luscious green grass" of the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's racetrack, and bailed out in the center of the Florida oval on Sunday morning. Neither the pilot, Leroy Morse, nor his passenger were injured, according to the Ocala Star-Banner.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Wraps up Serious Derby Preparations
- Mohaymen Sitting on Go for Kentucky Derby
- Busy Work Tab at Churchill for Derby Horses
- Olorda Front-Running Winner of Bewitch
- Outwork, Destin Turn in Final Derby Breezes
- Lady Shipman Returns to U.S. In License Fee
- Maiden Trojan Nation Seeks Derby Upset
- Keeneland Ends With Handle, Attendance Gains
- Le Havre colt a Guineas sale pinhook coup
- First Winner for Empire Way