'What fun that was! What a good time!' declared Mary Wiley-Wagner after guiding second choice Mass Destruction to a 6 1/2-length victory in the Lady Legends for the Cure II.
For both the camaraderie and the cause, an elite group of retired female jockeys will return to Pimlico May 20 to compete in the Lady Legends for the Cure Race II.
Jockey Rosemary Homeister Jr. became Thoroughbred racing's second winningest female jockey of all time when she rode Kathleen O'Connell's Gambles List to victory in the third race the evening of July 20 at Colonial Downs.
Jockey Patricia "P.J." Cooksey, the second leading female rider in Thoroughbred racing, ended a trailblazing 26-year career in the saddle on Thursday when she finished third in a race at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Coolmore Lexington: A Prep in Its Prime
- Bejarano Picks Up Derby Mount on Wildcat Red
- Takeout Just One Symptom of the Disease
- Divine Oath Heads Coolmore Lexington
- Champion Producer My Flag Dies at Claiborne
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/14/2014
- Blue Grass Runner-Up Medal Count Derby Bound
- Haskin: Art Sherman, Dave Erb 'Swap' Stories