Gulfstream Park will present a stakes program worth a record $11.61 million in purses during its 2015-2016 "Championship Meet," highlighted by the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Saratoga purses will increase significantly based on the number of horses starting in each race, according to the new 2009 purse incentive program announced July 17 by The New York Racing Association (NYRA) for the six-week meet running from July 29 through Sept. 7.
Retired trainer John Campo Sr., who conditioned champions Pleasant Colony, Protagonist, and Talking Picture, died Nov. 14 due to declining health over the past several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Cathryn Sophia Gets Distance, Takes KY Oaks
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Rocket Heat Fires to Turf Sprint Victory
- Carina Mia Wins Eight Belles at 3-5
- Catch a Glimpse Carries on to Edgewood Score
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Majestic Harbor Springs Alysheba Upset
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby