Gulfstream Park will present a stakes program worth a record $11.61 million in purses during its 2015-2016 "Championship Meet," highlighted by the $1 million Florida Derby (gr. I) April 2.
Saratoga purses will increase significantly based on the number of horses starting in each race, according to the new 2009 purse incentive program announced July 17 by The New York Racing Association (NYRA) for the six-week meet running from July 29 through Sept. 7.
Retired trainer John Campo Sr., who conditioned champions Pleasant Colony, Protagonist, and Talking Picture, died Nov. 14 due to declining health over the past several years.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Eclipse Awards to be Televised on TVG2
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf