Sophomore Piscitelli will be sidelined 90 days after sustaining an injury during the running of the Jan. 23 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park.
Winslow Homer moved into striking position approaching the turn, Winslow Homer splits horses at the top of the lane and held off 2-1 favorite Jackson Bend to win the Holy Bull by a length in his stakes debut Jan. 23.
Gulfstream Park will host an important showdown between several of the most talented 3-year-olds in Southern Florida Jan. 23 when a field of nine square off in the $150,000 Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III).
Piscitelli worked five furlongs Jan. 15 in preparation for the Holy Bull Stakes (gr. III). Dogwood Stables Aikenite is also expected in what looks to be a strong field.
Longshot Vale of York, a son of Invincible Spirit owned by Godolphin Racing, grabbed the Grey Goose Breeders' Cup Juvenile (gr. I) right at the wire. The Irish-bred out-gunned favorite Lookin At Lucky.
With most of the major training over for the Nov. 6-7 Breeders' Cup World Championships completed, the work tab at Santa Anita Nov. 3 was pretty light.
Odds-on choice Dixie Band remained undefeated in three starts when he won the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) by 1 3/4 lengths at Arlington Park Sept. 5.
Undefeated Dixie Band, winner of the Spectacular Bid Stakes last month and perfect in two starts on the Arlington Park Polytrack, heads a field of seven 2-year-olds entered for the $150,000 Arlington-Washington Futurity (gr. III) Sept. 5.
Most Popular Stories
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Take Charge Lady is KY Broodmare of the Year
- Wicked Strong Puts in Solid Breeze at Belmont
- NTRA Reports Positive Financial Results
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady
- Slideshow: Take Charge Lady
- That Handicapping Show: Illinois Derby
- Interest High for Oklahoma City Summer Sale
- Injury Knocks Constitution Off Derby Trail