Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, the most accomplished older female runner based at Oaklawn Park the past two years, arrived Dec. 21 and is scheduled to work this weekend in preparation for her 2015 debut.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
One day before champion Royal Delta makes her 2013 debut in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III), a rival who gave her a run for her money returns to the races in the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Oaklawn Reaches Agreement With United Tote
- Los Alamitos Schedules California Chrome Day
- Longtime Voice of Fairmount Park to Retire
- Keeneland to Handle VinMar Dispersal
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Review: Spa Surface Not Factor in Fatalities
- What's Going On Here: It Ain't All Flowers
- Baffert Reflects on Arrogate's Travers Romp
- BH 100: Rapping at Derby's Door
- 360 Cataloged for Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale