Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, the most accomplished older female runner based at Oaklawn Park the past two years, arrived Dec. 21 and is scheduled to work this weekend in preparation for her 2015 debut.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
One day before champion Royal Delta makes her 2013 debut in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III), a rival who gave her a run for her money returns to the races in the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Gun Runner Arrives at Monmouth for Haskell
- Dalakhani Pensioned from Stud Duty
- Bradley Reflects on Big Day at Saratoga
- Favored Amis Gizmo Captures Prince of Wales
- Old Friends Reports Death of Futural
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate