Grade I winner Don't Tell Sophia, the most accomplished older female runner based at Oaklawn Park the past two years, arrived Dec. 21 and is scheduled to work this weekend in preparation for her 2015 debut.
Don't Tell Sophia was a $1,000 yearling purchase in 2009. On Feb. 16 she ran them off their feet at Oaklawn Park, easily putting 6 1/2 lengths over her nearest competitor in the $98,000 Bayakoa Stakes.
One day before champion Royal Delta makes her 2013 debut in the Sabin Stakes (gr. III), a rival who gave her a run for her money returns to the races in the $100,000 Bayakoa Stakes at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Highway Star Wins Go for Wand by a Nose
- King and His Court Claims Display Stakes