Stronach Stable and jockey Todd Kabel have appealed separately to the Ontario Racing Commission the Fort Erie stewards decision to disqualify Malakoff from Sunday's $500,000 Prince of Wales.
Queen's Plate winner Edenwold is the 5-2 morning line favorite entered for the $500,000 Prince of Wales Stakes, the second leg of the Canadian Triple Crown at Fort Erie Sunday.
Of the 13 horses entered for Sunday's Queen's Plate at Woodbine, 11 have previously run at the Ontario track. But one of the two that hasn't started at Woodbine was made the morning line favorite, and for good reason.
Lightly raced Pipers Thunder, owned and bred by Chiefswood Stable, threw his name into the contender hat for the upcoming Queen's Plate by scoring a one-length upset win in Sunday's Plate Trial at Woodbine.
Two-year-old Canadian-bred champion Edenwold gets his third chance to conquer a two-turn distance in Sunday's $150,000 Plate Trial Stakes at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Charlton’s Abbotts Retiring on Own Terms
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- McCarron: Clarification
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier