The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Front-running Our Nautique maintained a hefty advantage into the stretch and held on gamely in the final strides to edge the closing favorite Bold Chieftain by a neck in the $100,260 All American Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Our Nautique, given a heady front-running ride by Keven Krigger, led all the way at 19-1 odds to register his first North American stakes win in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
The gross soars 58.9% while the median increases 23.1%.
This year's WS Cox Plate (Aus-I) at Moonee Valley Oct. 27 proved as stunning as the equine influenza problem in Australia has been devastating. The Australian Weight For Age heavyweight championship, this year worth AUS$3 million, was taken out by the brilliant El Segundo (Pins-Palos Verdes), who was ridden a treat by Luke Nolen in a staggering 46.5 seconds.
Most Popular Stories
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Orb Colt Lives Up to Buzz Selling For $710,000
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont