The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Front-running Our Nautique maintained a hefty advantage into the stretch and held on gamely in the final strides to edge the closing favorite Bold Chieftain by a neck in the $100,260 All American Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Our Nautique, given a heady front-running ride by Keven Krigger, led all the way at 19-1 odds to register his first North American stakes win in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
The gross soars 58.9% while the median increases 23.1%.
This year's WS Cox Plate (Aus-I) at Moonee Valley Oct. 27 proved as stunning as the equine influenza problem in Australia has been devastating. The Australian Weight For Age heavyweight championship, this year worth AUS$3 million, was taken out by the brilliant El Segundo (Pins-Palos Verdes), who was ridden a treat by Luke Nolen in a staggering 46.5 seconds.
Most Popular Stories
- Cozmic One Approaches Long-Awaited Debut
- International Star Heads Derby Works at CD
- Carpe Diem Works for Jet-Setting Pletcher
- Cozmic One Lacks Late Kick in Debut
- No Medication for Mubtaahij in Kentucky Derby
- KY Derby: Pletcher on April 18 Derby Works
- Churchill to Stream Derby, Oaks Workouts Live
- Mott Fights Denial of Assistant's Visa
- Former KY Governor Seeking Third Oaks Win
- California Chrome Under Saddle at Newmarket