The highly anticipated sale of a half brother to 2012 Sportingbet W. S. Cox Plate (Aus-I) winner Ocean Park highlighted the second and final session of New Zealand Bloodstock's premier yearling sale Jan. 29 at Karaka.
Front-running Our Nautique maintained a hefty advantage into the stretch and held on gamely in the final strides to edge the closing favorite Bold Chieftain by a neck in the $100,260 All American Stakes at Golden Gate Fields.
Our Nautique, given a heady front-running ride by Keven Krigger, led all the way at 19-1 odds to register his first North American stakes win in the $100,000 San Francisco Mile (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Golden Gate Fields.
The gross soars 58.9% while the median increases 23.1%.
This year's WS Cox Plate (Aus-I) at Moonee Valley Oct. 27 proved as stunning as the equine influenza problem in Australia has been devastating. The Australian Weight For Age heavyweight championship, this year worth AUS$3 million, was taken out by the brilliant El Segundo (Pins-Palos Verdes), who was ridden a treat by Luke Nolen in a staggering 46.5 seconds.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code