Grade I winner Cat Moves, making her first start in seven months, is the 5-2 morning line favorite among a strong field of nine older fillies and mares for the $250,000 My Juliet Stakes May 29 at Philadelphia Park.
Kinross Corp.'s Researcher again played to the home crowd at Charles Town Races & Slots April 17 with a repeat victory in the Charles Town Classic, one of the richest races in the country for older horses.
The top four finishers of last month's Hurricane Bertie Stakes (gr. III), including winner Kays and Jays, return for the $150,000 Inside Information Stakes (gr. II) March 14 at Gulfstream Park.
Grade I winner Gabby's Golden Gal, out of action for nearly six months, returns for trainer Bob Baffert as the 123-pound top weight in the La Brea Stakes (gr. I) on opening day at Santa Anita Dec. 26.
Undefeated Arizona mighty mite Carlsbad ran her winning streak to five races when she drew off in the lane to claim the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) for her first graded stakes win March 29 at Santa Anita Park.
Unbeaten Carlsbad, an Arizona-bred filly who won the first four starts of her career by an astounding combined margin of more than 50 lengths, should get her first real test in the $100,000 Santa Paula Stakes (gr. III) at Santa Anita March 29.
Stardom Bound, the juvenile filly champion of 2008, makes her 3-year-old debut Feb. 7 in the $300,000 Las Virgenes Stakes (gr. I) on Santa Anita's Pro-Ride racing surface.
Trainer John Sadler sends out a pair of top 3-year-old filly candidates, including multiple stakes winner Evita Argentina, in the $150,000 Santa Ynez (gr. II) at Santa Anita Jan. 17.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Works Toward Seasonal Bow
- BC Juvenile Winner Texas Red Retired
- American Gal, Union Strike Meet in Starlet
- Resilient Humor Debut Winner for Sassy Image
- Retired Valet Ward Dies in Kentucky
- Trainer Brown Gearing Up for Gulfstream
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Aqueduct Announcers Bring Youth, Experience
- Ferndale Racetrack OK After Earthquake