In Maryland's efforts to comply with the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication and Drug Testing program, the Maryland Board of Public Works has approved a five-year contract with Truesdail Laboratories of Tustin, Calif.
Larry Jones has been a looming presence on the backside of Pimlico Racecourse during the week leading up to the May 19 137th Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another departed Churchill Downs at 1:19 p.m. May 7 and was taken to nearby Louisville International Airport for a flight to Baltimore, Md.
The overnight ratings for NBC's coverage of the Preakness Stakes May 20 indicated a small drop-off in viewers from 2005's numbers. The overnights, which measure viewership in 54 major markets, gave the overall telecast a 5.7 rating and a 14 share, down 4% from last year's 5.9/14.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for National Television - Live Racing Programming for its production of the 2002 Preakness Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Big 'Cap Seems Like Olden Days
- Honor Code to Bypass Rebel, Run at Gulfstream
- Judy the Beauty Leads Las Flores Shippers
- Curlin, Asmussen Among Hall of Fame Finalists
- Midshipman Colt Posts Fastest Ocala Drill
- Sweet Reason Comes Back a Winner
- Stakes Winner S. S. Hot Sauce Dead at 33
- Portion of Vinceremos' Earnings to Charity
- Riposte Heads Solid Hillsborough Field
- Big 'Cap was 'Holy Grail' for Trainer Jones