The $1.5 million Preakness Stakes (gr. I) May 17 at Pimlico Race Course will provide a joyous homecoming for Willie Delgado, the exercise rider of Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner California Chrome.
In Maryland's efforts to comply with the Mid-Atlantic Uniform Medication and Drug Testing program, the Maryland Board of Public Works has approved a five-year contract with Truesdail Laboratories of Tustin, Calif.
Larry Jones has been a looming presence on the backside of Pimlico Racecourse during the week leading up to the May 19 137th Preakness Stakes (gr. I).
Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) winner I'll Have Another departed Churchill Downs at 1:19 p.m. May 7 and was taken to nearby Louisville International Airport for a flight to Baltimore, Md.
The overnight ratings for NBC's coverage of the Preakness Stakes May 20 indicated a small drop-off in viewers from 2005's numbers. The overnights, which measure viewership in 54 major markets, gave the overall telecast a 5.7 rating and a 14 share, down 4% from last year's 5.9/14.
NBC Sports has won the Media Eclipse Award for National Television - Live Racing Programming for its production of the 2002 Preakness Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- 2015 Florida Derby Race Sequence
- Martin Defends Sending 'Chrome' to Ascot
- HRTV to Air Penn National Gaming Challenge
- Lurie Joins Hoosier Park, Indiana Grand Teams
- Corinthian Colt Paces F-T Texas Sale
- New Horsemen's Incentives at Pimlico Meet
- Ohio Plans to Test Horses for Cobalt Levels
- Lenny's Place: Opening Day Edition
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail