The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
Pimlico Race Course and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world's largest breast cancer organization, have announced a partnership to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day May 14.
Kent Desormeaux, one of Maryland's all-time leading riders and a two-time winner of the Preakness (gr. I), took home the $14,000 first prize in the inaugural Pimlico Jockey Challenge May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Abel Tasman Brings Form to Coaching Club American Oaks
- Solis to Evaluate Future Following Surgery
- Del Mar Addressing Safety, Field Size Concerns
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Arrogate Begins Del Mar Journey in San Diego Handicap
- Ashleyluvssugar Highlights Eddie Read Stakes
- Secretariat Photo Album
- Remembering Ben's Cat
- CHRB Discusses 'Jail-Time' Claiming Rule Change
- Will Antonoe Upset the Diana Stakes?