The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
Pimlico Race Course and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world's largest breast cancer organization, have announced a partnership to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day May 14.
Kent Desormeaux, one of Maryland's all-time leading riders and a two-time winner of the Preakness (gr. I), took home the $14,000 first prize in the inaugural Pimlico Jockey Challenge May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- Large Crowd Watches American Pharoah Gallop
- Badilla Earns Emotional Win at Golden Gate
- More Than Just a Name for Run for Retts
- Team Texas Red Partners With TV Star
- Shadwell Sire Bahri Pensioned in England
- Lubash Takes West Point for Second Time
- American Pharoah Takes Easy Gallop at Spa
- Champion Divine Fortune Dies After Fall
- NBC Schedules Two-Hour Travers Broadcast
- Belmont Winner Palace Malice Retired