The Pimlico spring meet will feature 18 stakes races for purses of $2,435,000. Preakness weekend, the highlight of the meet, features 15 stakes races worth more than $2.2 million.
Pimlico Race Course and Susan G. Komen for the Cure®, the world's largest breast cancer organization, have announced a partnership to raise funds to aid awareness and research to take place on Black-Eyed Susan Day May 14.
Kent Desormeaux, one of Maryland's all-time leading riders and a two-time winner of the Preakness (gr. I), took home the $14,000 first prize in the inaugural Pimlico Jockey Challenge May 15.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chrome' Draws Outside Post 9 for World Cup
- Casners Aim to Add Chapter to Dubai Success
- American Trainers Approve Meydan Move to Dirt
- The One That Got Away
- BC Classic Winner Concern Dies at 24
- Champion Sire Smart Strike Euthanized
- Wise Dan Making Progress, Still Tack-Walking
- Shared Belief Traveling East for CT Classic
- Unlocking Winners: Dubai and the Derby Preps
- VLT Expansion Proposals Shot Down in New York