Esteemed sportsmen Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt and John Hay Whitney have been elected to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame as Pillars of the Turf.
The National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame announced June 16 that Edward R. Bradley and Edward P. Taylor have been elected to the Hall as Pillars of the Turf.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
In an effort to tell a more comprehensive history of Thoroughbred racing in North America, the National Museum of Racing will be expanding its Hall of Fame with a new category, Pillars of the Turf, beginning in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Tampa Bay Announces Richest Stakes Schedule
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?