Esteemed sportsmen Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt and John Hay Whitney have been elected to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame as Pillars of the Turf.
The National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame announced June 16 that Edward R. Bradley and Edward P. Taylor have been elected to the Hall as Pillars of the Turf.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
In an effort to tell a more comprehensive history of Thoroughbred racing in North America, the National Museum of Racing will be expanding its Hall of Fame with a new category, Pillars of the Turf, beginning in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Enola Gray Passes Two-Turn Test in Melair
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine