Esteemed sportsmen Alfred Gwynne Vanderbilt and John Hay Whitney have been elected to the National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame as Pillars of the Turf.
The National Museum of Racing's Hall of Fame announced June 16 that Edward R. Bradley and Edward P. Taylor have been elected to the Hall as Pillars of the Turf.
August Belmont II and Paul Mellon were selected as the inaugural Pillars of the Turf inductees for the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame's new category June 5. They will be inducted Aug. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
In an effort to tell a more comprehensive history of Thoroughbred racing in North America, the National Museum of Racing will be expanding its Hall of Fame with a new category, Pillars of the Turf, beginning in 2013.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Collected Impresses Again in Californian
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes