The New York Racing Association has moved the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo Stakes, a pair of juvenile stakes races scheduled for the turf, to the Oct. 8 card due to weather concerns.
The winners of the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo stakes automatically have a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies.
Elusive Bluff came running late to catch pacesetter Show Me the Cash at the wire in the Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1. One race earlier, Maram got up just in time to defeat Freedom Rings by a neck in the $164,200 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Aqueduct has attracted full fields for a pair of juvenile turf stakes Sunday, the Pilgrim for colts and the Miss Grillo for fillies, both contested at nine furlongs.
Volponi earned his first career win Sunday at Belmont Park, upsetting formerly undefeated 4-5 favorite Baptize in the $113,300 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Major Expansion Planned for Aqueduct Casino
- Cuomo Administration Fires Back at Criticism
- No Horses Injured in Pennsylvania Barn Fire
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Japan Races added to BC Challenge Series
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al