The New York Racing Association has moved the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo Stakes, a pair of juvenile stakes races scheduled for the turf, to the Oct. 8 card due to weather concerns.
The winners of the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo stakes automatically have a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies.
Elusive Bluff came running late to catch pacesetter Show Me the Cash at the wire in the Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1. One race earlier, Maram got up just in time to defeat Freedom Rings by a neck in the $164,200 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Aqueduct has attracted full fields for a pair of juvenile turf stakes Sunday, the Pilgrim for colts and the Miss Grillo for fillies, both contested at nine furlongs.
Volponi earned his first career win Sunday at Belmont Park, upsetting formerly undefeated 4-5 favorite Baptize in the $113,300 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Chapa's Fine Increased to $100,000
- California Chrome 'Tight Enough' for Dubai
- Toast of New York Out of Dubai World Cup
- American Pharoah Adds Another Bullet Work
- Live Chat - Friday, March 6 at NOON EST
- That Handicapping Show: Santa Anita Handicap
- Belardo, Hootenanny Among Guineas Nominees
- Compromise Possible for Racing in Virginia
- Convictions in Billion-Dollar Bookmaking Case
- Saratoga Study Touts Impact of VLT Revenue