The New York Racing Association has moved the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo Stakes, a pair of juvenile stakes races scheduled for the turf, to the Oct. 8 card due to weather concerns.
The winners of the Pilgrim and Miss Grillo stakes automatically have a starting berth in the Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf and Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf Fillies.
Elusive Bluff came running late to catch pacesetter Show Me the Cash at the wire in the Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Belmont Park Oct. 1. One race earlier, Maram got up just in time to defeat Freedom Rings by a neck in the $164,200 Miss Grillo Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Aqueduct has attracted full fields for a pair of juvenile turf stakes Sunday, the Pilgrim for colts and the Miss Grillo for fillies, both contested at nine furlongs.
Volponi earned his first career win Sunday at Belmont Park, upsetting formerly undefeated 4-5 favorite Baptize in the $113,300 Pilgrim Stakes (gr. IIIT).
Most Popular Stories
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- OBS Numbers Plummet During Open Session
- Mohaymen Cuts Back to Sprint in King's Bishop
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Quality Five-Horse Field for Personal Ensign
- Ballerina Stakes Has Stage Full of Talent
- CHRB Member Calls for Trainer 'Profiling'
- Trainer Brown Captures 1,000th Win