Silverton Hill's Havelock returned to his home turf and mowed down nine opponents Oct. 5 to take the $150,000 Woodford Presented by Keeneland Select (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland.
With a well-timed ride by jockey Florent Geroux, Silverton Hills' Havelock got up in the final strides to overtake favored Lonesome Street to win the $150,000 Hanshin Cup (gr. III) by a neck.
Havelock, shipping in from Kentucky for trainer Darrin Miller, closed with a rush along the rail to register an 18-1 upset by a head in the Play the King Stakes (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf Aug. 28.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Unique Bella Goes Easy in Five-Furlong Work
- Pierce Trains Tampa String for Sam-Son, Pin Oak
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- CHRB Approves Medication-Based Conditions
- Finger Lakes Racing Dates Could Plummet Under Proposal
- Maker Quartet Headlines Fair Grounds 'Cap
- Hong Kong Stars to Battle on Sunday at Sha Tin
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move