Pick Six Racing's grade II winner Vyjack was sent to New Bolton Center July 31 due to colic symptoms; the Into Mischief gelding will get a few months off following the discovery of a bad case of gastric ulcers.
Grade II winner Vyjack completed serious preparations for the Belmont Stakes (gr. I) by working five furlongs in :59 Tuesday, June 4 at Belmont Park for trainer Rudy Rodriguez.
Rudy Rodriguez would like to celebrate the 10th anniversary of New York-based gelding Funny Cide winning the Kentucky Derby (gr. I) by sending out New York-based gelding Vyjack to a Derby victory.
Vyjack, whose four-race winning streak at Aqueduct ended with his third-place finish in the Wood Memorial (gr. I) April 6, returned from his efforts with some mucous detected in a post-race examination, his trainer said.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack was declared ready for $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) to be run April 6 after breezing March 30 at Aqueduct Racetrack. Other key contenders also were on the tab in New York and Florida.
Undefeated Vyjack remains on track for the $1 million Wood Memorial (gr. I) following his terrific victory in the Gotham Stakes (gr. III) at Aqueduct Racetrack March 2.
Pick Six Racing's Vyjack remained unbeaten in four starts and proceeded on the road to the Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with an impressive late run March 2 in the $400,000 Gotham Stakes at Aqueduct.
Vyjack surged past longshot Siete de Oros to win the $200,000 Jerome Stakes at Aqueduct Jan. 5, a race after 3-year-old filly Princess of Sylmar put on a 7 1/2-length show in the $100,000 Busanda.
Most Popular Stories
- Mine That Bird Movie Premieres March 19
- One for the Roses: Social Inclusion
- NY-Bred Stakes Program Adds 2014 Enhancements
- Charles Town to Make Donation to CANTER
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel