With short yearlings a hot commodity at winter mixed sales, the stallion with the most foals of 2016 entered at the Feb. 6-7 Fasig-Tipton Kentucky auction is San Pablo, a son of Jump Start who who or placed in 16 of 19 career starts.
Grade III winner Soaring Empire was represented by his first reported foal when a colt was born Jan. 24 at Phoenix Farm near Paris, Ky.
Take the Points, winner of last year's Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) at Arlington Park, has been retired from racing after fracturing a splint bone in his right front leg.
Starlight Partners' Take the Points, locked in a stirring stretch duel with Black Bear Island, got up in the final strides under Kent Desormeaux to earn his first graded stakes win in the $400,000 Secretariat Stakes (gr. IT) Aug. 8 on the Arlington Park turf.
Take the Points, who shipped to California Thursday for Saturday's $200,000 Sham Stakes (gr. III), is a gamble that has already paid off big-time for the colt's breeders Ramiro Salazar and his wife Denise Belcher of Phoenix Farm.
Most Popular Stories
- Gunnevera Draws Outside for Florida Derby
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Unique Bella Sidelined Due to Shin Issue
- Classic Empire to Arkansas Derby After Impressive Work
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- McCraken, Gunnevera Top Kentucky Derby Future Wager
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 28, 2017
- What's Going On Here: Beyond Imagination
- Kentucky Horse Park to Celebrate Man 'o War
- Spiral Stakes Provides Road to the Derby Option