Earle Mack envisions a new award that honors his late friend Ogden Mills "Dinny" Phipps as both an honor and a challenge.
The Grayson-Jockey Club Research Foundation announced May 24 that the Phipps family will be the recipient of the inaugural Dinny Phipps Award when it is presented at the Belmont Stakes Charity Celebration the evening of June 8 in New York City.
Phipps fillies are three of a kind
Trainer D. Wayne Lukas will send out a classic winner in Oxbow against another classic winner in Orb in this year's $1 million Belmont Stakes (gr. I) June 8 at Belmont Park.
Sometimes good things come to those who wait. Such appears to be the case for the Phipps Stable, whose homebred Point of Entry secured his first grade I win with his victory July 14 in the Man o' War.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Crawdaddy Two-For-Two After NYSS Score
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- 'Hermaphrodite' Reported Before Race at Santa Anita
- Satono Crown Surges to Victory in Takarazuka Kinen
- Collected Dominant Again in Precisionist Stakes
- Battle of Midway Cruises to Affirmed Victory