Meadowlands, which contracts with Monarch Content Management to negotiate host fees for its signal, issued a statement Feb. 27 on the ongoing dispute that is blacking out its signal from 23 racetracks.
Twenty-three racetracks and their affiliated wagering outlets began 2015 without the signals from Gulfstream Park, Santa Anita Park, and Laurel Park as a simulcast-fee dispute entered its second month.
- By Jack Shinar
- Thoroughbred Racing, Handicapping, Southeast Region, Southwest Region, Mid-Atlantic Region
It appears doubtful that an impasse between the company that controls the simulcast rights for Gulfstream Park and a cooperative representing 23 tracks in the Mid-Atlantic region will be resolved in time for the Dec. 6 start.
Simulcast players in the Mid-Atlantic region and beyond looking forward to betting important meetings in California and Florida this week may have to wait.
Pari-mutuel industry veteran executive Phil O'Hara has been named the new executive director of the Mid Atlantic Cooperative, it was announced July 9.
Phil O'Hara has been named executive director of racetrack development for Daily Racing Form, the company announced Aug. 1.
- By Tom LaMarra
The topic of late odds changes continues to shadow the pari-mutuel industry.
Equibase, the North American Thoroughbred industry's official database for racing information, announced Feb. 2 that it has recalibrated the scale of its Equibase Speed Figure, a numerical assessment of the quality of a horse's final time in a North American Thoroughbred race.
In an effort to curtail data theft, Equibase has reconstituted its electronic race results charts in a secure Portable Document Format.
Officials of Equibase and Keeneland Race Course were encouraged with the results of an automated tracking system that was tested during the first two weeks of the fall meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year