The first reported foal by grade I-winning Smiling Tiger is a colt out of the grade I-placed and stakes-winning broodmare Erica's Smile, Premier Thoroughbreds and Harris Farms announced Feb. 5.
Distinctiv Passion came out running for jockey Mike Smith and was never headed en route to a 1 3/4-length victory in the $100,000 Midnight Lute Stakes (gr. III) Dec. 27 at Santa Anita Park.
After a successful first breeding season, California stallion Smiling Tiger is being moved to John Harris' Harris Farms near Coalinga, Calif., co-owner Phil Lebherz confirmed Sept. 3.
She's a Tiger, last year's champion 2-year-old filly, has been retired and will be offered for sale in the fall at the Fasig-Tipton Kentucky November sale.
Majestic Stride, who closed well to finish fourth in this year's Xpressbet Breeders' Cup Sprint, made easy work of four foes to capture the $100,000 Vernon O. Underwood Stakes (gr. III) at Betfair Hollywood Park Nov. 28
Figures rose across the board for the second straight day at the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s August yearling sale Aug. 21 in Ocala, Fla.
The median price rose 8% as the yearling sale began its three-day run in Central Florida.
Most Popular Stories
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- American Pharoah Arrives at Monmouth
- Darley Closes Aiken Training Track Stable
- Grade II Winner Moulin de Mougin Retired
- O'Neill Sets Del Mar Record With Five Wins
- London Tower Game in Eternal Search
- Belmont Runner-Up Frosted Back in Jim Dandy
- Monmouth Ups Haskell Purse to $1.75 Million
- Top West Coast Mares Ready for Clement Hirsch
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell