Phaedrus Flights' Celestine went wire-to-wire in the $300,000 Honey Fox Stakes (gr. IIT) April 2 at Gulfstream Park, picking up the first graded victory of her career for Hall of Fame trainer Bill Mott.
Ekati's Phaeton, a 25-1 shot, went wire-to-wire to win the $200,000 Davona Dale Stakes (gr. II) Feb. 21 at Gulfstream Park. The 3-year-old daughter of Tale of Ekati covered the one-turn mile in 1:37.66.
Ekati's Phaeton wouldn't be denied in her bid for a first stakes victory, holding off R Sassy Lass through the stretch to take the $100,000 Old Hat (gr. III) at Gulfstream Park by a half length Jan. 3.
On the eve of the largest Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June 2-year-olds in training and horses of racing age sale in history, OBS president Tom Ventura is subscribing to the notion that the record number is a sign of strength.
The six-day under-tack preview for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Co.'s June sale of 2-year-olds in training and older horses concluded June 14 with a pair of juveniles by Scat Daddy topping the fastest workers of the session.
Most Popular Stories
- Curalina Opens Year with La Troienne Win
- Derby Observations, Strategy, and Wagers
- Routine, Quiet Oaks Morning on Backside
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- NBC Offers Virtual Kentucky Derby Experience
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Force the Pass Heads Fort Marcy
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'