Congrats, A.P. Indy's only champion freshman sire, is recovering in good order following December colic surgery in Australia, where he was wrapping up his shuttling obligations at Vinery Australia.
Samaready stunned a star-studded field in the Moir Stakes (Aus-I) Sept. 27 at Moonee Valley, scoring a four-length triumph over highly regarded Buffering.
All Too Hard, Black Caviar's younger half brother and Australia's top-rated 3-year-old colt, stormed from the back of the field to win the C. F. Orr Stakes (Aus-I) Feb. 9 at Caulfield.
Eclipse Award winner Big Brown, who stands at Robert N. Clay's Three Chimneys Farm near Midway, Ky., will not be returning to Australia for the upcoming 2012 Southern Hemisphere breeding season after injuring a hind leg.
Vinery Australia announced May 11 that it has added the brilliant 2010 Breeders' Cup Juvenile Turf (gr. IIT) winner Pluck to its stallion roster for the 2012 breeding season.
Before a record Derby day crowd of 115,600 at Flemington Racecourse in Melbourne, Australia, Benicio, a Vinery-bred colt by More Than Ready, laid the foundation for a stud career in winning the 152nd Victoria Derby (Aust-I) Oct 29.
One of the richest men in Australia, Gerry Harvey, has agreed to link up with Vinery's Tom Simon and use Vinery Stud in the Hunter Valley.
Last year's boom Australian freshman stallion Mossman (Success Express -- Lichen Lady) has undergone surgery for colic and will not serve another mare at Vinery Stud this season.
Vinery Stud has been looking for a colonial-bred freshman prospect of considerable worth for some time now and it seems the god of good gallopers has answered their prays.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out