New York regulators have remanded for another hearing cases against trainer Anthony Dutrow and owner-breeder-trainer Peter Kazamias involving a 2009 race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
State regulators have upheld a 15-day suspension against owner/trainer Luis Gutierrez for racing a horse with an impermissible level of Flunixin at Finger Lakes Race Track.
The first reported foal by Bank Heist is a filly born Feb. 28 at J Jeps Farm near Anville, Pa.
Bank Heist, a winning half-brother to champion sprinter and two-time Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Midnight Lute, has been retired and will stand the 2012 breeding season at Kaz Hill Farm near Middletown, N.Y.
Monmouth Park closed out its 2005 season Sunday reporting a decline in wagering from last year while attendance remained stable.
Rene Araya, once among the top claiming trainers in New York, has retired to return to his former career as a jockey agent. Araya's new career begins again Feb. 19 when five-pound apprentice rider Catalino Martinez makes his American debut with two mounts at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine
- Dispersal Planned for Rea's Regis Farms