New York regulators have remanded for another hearing cases against trainer Anthony Dutrow and owner-breeder-trainer Peter Kazamias involving a 2009 race at Aqueduct Racetrack.
State regulators have upheld a 15-day suspension against owner/trainer Luis Gutierrez for racing a horse with an impermissible level of Flunixin at Finger Lakes Race Track.
The first reported foal by Bank Heist is a filly born Feb. 28 at J Jeps Farm near Anville, Pa.
Bank Heist, a winning half-brother to champion sprinter and two-time Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) winner Midnight Lute, has been retired and will stand the 2012 breeding season at Kaz Hill Farm near Middletown, N.Y.
Monmouth Park closed out its 2005 season Sunday reporting a decline in wagering from last year while attendance remained stable.
Rene Araya, once among the top claiming trainers in New York, has retired to return to his former career as a jockey agent. Araya's new career begins again Feb. 19 when five-pound apprentice rider Catalino Martinez makes his American debut with two mounts at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Breeze for Belmont
- NBC Set for Belmont Stakes Coverage
- McLaughlin: Frosted Has to Have 'A-Plus' Day
- Carpe Diem Will Not Be Entered in Belmont
- Donegal Hopes Keen Ice Can Cool Off Pharoah
- Napravnik, Sharp Welcome Baby Boy
- Lawyer for Rubinsky Sues Zayat for Libel
- Belmont Undercard: Honor Code, Bayern Prepare
- The Truth Or Else Out of Belmont Stakes
- Pletcher Seeking Third Belmont Stakes