A day after one of the closest first-to-last finishes in the history of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), connections of the horses that participated in the race won by Drosselmeyer were at the track early Nov. 6.
As a second generation horseman, trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. dreamed of winning big races and on Saturday those dreams came true when he saddled Saint Liam to win the $4,291,500 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Sunday Silence Dominates Broodmare Sires
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell