A day after one of the closest first-to-last finishes in the history of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), connections of the horses that participated in the race won by Drosselmeyer were at the track early Nov. 6.
As a second generation horseman, trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. dreamed of winning big races and on Saturday those dreams came true when he saddled Saint Liam to win the $4,291,500 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Epicharis Earns Japan's Kentucky Derby Bid
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Mo Town Set for 3-Year-Old Debut in Risen Star
- Gold Dream Punches Ticket to BC Classic
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Cuddle Alert Gives Sire Bedford Falls First Stakes Win