A day after one of the closest first-to-last finishes in the history of the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I), connections of the horses that participated in the race won by Drosselmeyer were at the track early Nov. 6.
As a second generation horseman, trainer Richard Dutrow Jr. dreamed of winning big races and on Saturday those dreams came true when he saddled Saint Liam to win the $4,291,500 Breeders' Cup Classic – Powered by Dodge (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Paulassilverlining Tops Honorable Miss Handicap
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Brown in High Spirits After Three Saratoga Wins
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read