Darley stallion Bernardini had a big day at the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale’s closing session Oct. 26, with two of his sons bringing two of the three highest prices of the day as the three-day auction ended on a solid note.
A chestnut son of Smart Strike lit up the sales ring late in the day of the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale, bringing $900,000 from John Moynihan, agent, who bought the horse for Stonestreet Farm.
Grade II winner Magical Feeling, a winner of more than half of her starts, added another victory to her record by taking the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes for fillies and mares at Charles Town Races April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Goldikova, Espinoza Among Hall of Fame Inductees
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Spending Time With New Trainer Kent Sweezey
- Classic Empire Tops NTRA 3-Year-Old Poll
- OBS Hips to Watch Include Tapwrit's Half Brother
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title