Darley stallion Bernardini had a big day at the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale’s closing session Oct. 26, with two of his sons bringing two of the three highest prices of the day as the three-day auction ended on a solid note.
A chestnut son of Smart Strike lit up the sales ring late in the day of the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale, bringing $900,000 from John Moynihan, agent, who bought the horse for Stonestreet Farm.
Grade II winner Magical Feeling, a winner of more than half of her starts, added another victory to her record by taking the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes for fillies and mares at Charles Town Races April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Headed to Dubai World Cup
- Five Share Fastest Time in Fasig-Tipton Sale Works
- Conquest Mo Money Still Undefeated, Sunland Derby Next
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Agree to Deal to Keep Track Open
- Prominent Ohio Breeder George Smith Dies at 84
- Girvin Upsets Risen Star Stakes
- Finger Lakes Season Could be on Line at Feb. 27 Meeting
- Unique Bella Tops Roster of 109 Kentucky Oaks Nominees
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Looking East, to Far East, for Classic Starters