Darley stallion Bernardini had a big day at the Fasig-Tipton October yearling sale’s closing session Oct. 26, with two of his sons bringing two of the three highest prices of the day as the three-day auction ended on a solid note.
A chestnut son of Smart Strike lit up the sales ring late in the day of the fourth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale, bringing $900,000 from John Moynihan, agent, who bought the horse for Stonestreet Farm.
Grade II winner Magical Feeling, a winner of more than half of her starts, added another victory to her record by taking the $200,000 Sugar Maple Stakes for fillies and mares at Charles Town Races April 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment