The Pennsylvania Equine Coalition has announced that a provision of state code that resulted in the diversion of 17% from the Race Horse Development Fund has sunset with the adoption of the state budget.
A percentage of horsemen's revenue from slot machines in Pennsylvania will continue to go to the state's general fund and other programs under the fiscal year 2013-14 unveiled Feb. 7 by Gov. Tom Corbett.
A shift in slot machine revenue from horse racing to other programs in Pennsylvania is set to expire this summer, and the Pennsylvania Equine Coalition Jan. 8 urged lawmakers to honor the sunset provision.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz