The Pennsylvania Equine Coalition has announced that a provision of state code that resulted in the diversion of 17% from the Race Horse Development Fund has sunset with the adoption of the state budget.
A percentage of horsemen's revenue from slot machines in Pennsylvania will continue to go to the state's general fund and other programs under the fiscal year 2013-14 unveiled Feb. 7 by Gov. Tom Corbett.
A shift in slot machine revenue from horse racing to other programs in Pennsylvania is set to expire this summer, and the Pennsylvania Equine Coalition Jan. 8 urged lawmakers to honor the sunset provision.
Most Popular Stories
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- Ashleyluvssugar, Texas Ryano Reunite in San Luis Rey
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Hope Floats for Hoppertunity in Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement