Champion mare Royal Delta is the class of a small group entered in the $600,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga, but as we saw last year in this event, sometimes even class gets beat.
Two-time champion Royal Delta, who put it all together in an overpowering victory in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. I), makes her next stop in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) at Saratoga, trainer Bill Mott said.
Royal Delta will make her first start at Saratoga since winning the 2011 Alabama (gr. I) as the 124-pound highweight in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 26.
Besilu Stables' Royal Delta put in her final serious work for the Aug. 26 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I), breezing four furlongs in a bullet :48.95 under exercise rider Rodolphe Brisset Aug. 20 at Saratoga Race Course.
Fresh off her upset victory in the Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), Farnsworth Stables' Ask the Moon will take on five rivals in the $300,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Derby by the Speed Numbers
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Unlocking Winners Kentucky Derby 142 Analysis
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Repole Returns With Outwork for Uncle Mo
- Beholder to Make 2016 Debut in Adoration
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Big Blue Kitten Heads Woodford Turf Classic
- Nancy From Nairobi Wins Royal Heroine