Champion mare Royal Delta is the class of a small group entered in the $600,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 25 at Saratoga, but as we saw last year in this event, sometimes even class gets beat.
Two-time champion Royal Delta, who put it all together in an overpowering victory in the $750,000 Delaware Handicap (gr. I), makes her next stop in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) at Saratoga, trainer Bill Mott said.
Royal Delta will make her first start at Saratoga since winning the 2011 Alabama (gr. I) as the 124-pound highweight in the Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 26.
Besilu Stables' Royal Delta put in her final serious work for the Aug. 26 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I), breezing four furlongs in a bullet :48.95 under exercise rider Rodolphe Brisset Aug. 20 at Saratoga Race Course.
Fresh off her upset victory in the Ruffian Handicap (gr. I), Farnsworth Stables' Ask the Moon will take on five rivals in the $300,000 Personal Ensign Invitational (gr. I) Aug. 28 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies
- Cathryn Sophia to Pioneerof the Nile in 2017
- Arrogate Returns to Work Tab
- Gulfstream Set for Historic Championship Meet
- Jose Ortiz Rides Five Winners at Aqueduct
- Doctor J Dub Breakthrough Horse for Antonucci