Brilliant Speed, winner of the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) this spring, makes his return to the turf for trainer Tom Albertrani in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the penultimate day of the 2011 season at Saratoga.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred 3-year-old Big Blue Kitten received a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, scoring the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) in his stakes debut Aug. 12.
Prohibitive favorite Banned made it back-to-back graded stakes victories on the Churchill Downs turf when he registered an easy win in the $106,215 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIIT) June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Stars and Stripes Good Spot for Suntracer
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing