Brilliant Speed, winner of the Toyota Blue Grass (gr. I) this spring, makes his return to the turf for trainer Tom Albertrani in the $100,000 Saranac Stakes (gr. IIIT) on the penultimate day of the 2011 season at Saratoga.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred 3-year-old Big Blue Kitten received a perfect ground-saving trip under John Velazquez, scoring the $150,000 National Museum of Racing Hall of Fame Stakes (gr. IIT) in his stakes debut Aug. 12.
Prohibitive favorite Banned made it back-to-back graded stakes victories on the Churchill Downs turf when he registered an easy win in the $106,215 Jefferson Cup (gr. IIIT) June 18.
Most Popular Stories
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner
- Kitasan Black Faces 10 in Takarazuka Kinen