Joint Effort, an impressive winner of the $100,000-added La Troienne (gr. III) on Kentucky Derby Day, and Ready to Please, who won the Fantasy (gr. II) at Oaklawn Park in her stakes debut, head the field in the $150,000-added Dogwood Breeders' Cup (gr. III) at Churchill Downs.
Amerman Racing Stables' Balance heads a field of eight 3-year-old fillies entered for Saturday's $500,000 Ashland Stakes (gr. I) at Keeneland.
Stevestan Stable's French Park and Right Place N Time, dazzling winners in their career debuts at Keeneland, are lukewarm respective favorites in the Pocahontas (gr. III) and Iroquois (gr. III), Saturday's pair of Churchill Downs stakes races for 2-year-olds.
She Says It Best took the early lead and never looked back en route to a 2 1/2-length upset in the Alcibiades Stakes (gr. II), the opening-day feature at Keeneland on Friday.
Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey, who ranks third among riders for the 2005 Saratoga meet, was thrown before the fourth race on Monday afternoon when his mount, Performing Diva, threw back her head and hit the rider in the face.
Hall of Fame jockey Jerry Bailey, Saratoga Race Course's all-time leading rider, took off his mounts Monday afternoon after he was hit in the face by his mount, Performing Diva, in the post parade of the fourth race at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Agent Ryan Not Surprised by Cloud Computing's Win
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Hips to Watch: Day 1 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Soul Stirring Frankel's First Classic Winner
- Preakness Wrapup: Clouds Got in the Way
- La Coronel Prepares for Royal Ascot Run
- Actress Announces Presence in Black-Eyed Susan
- Grizzel Edges Enstone in Selene Stakes