Sam-Son Farm homebred Aldous Snow fended off late-charging Perfect Timber and won the $167,277 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) by the slimmest of margins July 6 at Woodbine.
Grade I winner Forte Dei Marmi, Canada's Sovereign Award-winning grass horse of 2013, heads a field of six entered for the $150,000 Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) July 6 at Woodbine.
Forte Dei Marmi completed his climb to the top of the stakes ladder Sept. 15 with a victory in the Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) at Woodbine, the first grade I score for the veteran turf runner.
Forte Dei Marmi, looking to improve on his third-place effort of a year ago, heads a field of seven entered in the $300,000 Northern Dancer Turf Stakes (Can-IT) Presented by Vtech Sept. 15 at Woodbine.
The conditions at rainy and foggy Woodbine for the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) were miserable for all except Forte Dei Marmi, who gave trainer Roger Attfield his fifth consecutive win in the race July 6.
Since Woodbine Race Course inaugurated the Singspiel Stakes (Can-IIIT) in 2005, the 1 1/2-mile turf event has been dominated by trainer Roger Attfield, who will seek to extend his win total to six July 7 .
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- 'Power' Pair Square Off in July Cup
- 'Princess' Looks Tough in Delaware Handicap
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- 95% Clearance Rate on Day 2 at Tattersalls
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Isabella Sings First Winner for Eskendereya
- Boston and Suffolk Downs Begin Planning
- Paladin Bay Seeks to Tame Bison City Stakes
- Del Mar's Paddock Sale to be Held July 20