When Hall of Fame trainer Roger Attfield compares Perfect Soul to a former Triple Crown winner, you know the horse must be something special. The 5-year-old heads Sunday's field in the 1 3/8-mile Chinese Cultural Center Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine.
Charles Fipke's Irish homebred Perfect Soul wound up for his late bid from the far outside in the final turn and went on to tally an easy 2 1/2-length victory over Strut the Stage in Sunday's $336,000 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf.
Longshot Dr. Brendler rallied in mid-stretch, then held off a resurging Perfect Soul to win the $200,000 Citgo Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Pimlico on Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile turf race run over soft going, was run in a slow 1:57.78, more than 10 seconds off the course record.
With six victories this year, including four stakes tallies, Bruno Schickedanz's Wake At Noon appears ready to take on the world's best at Arlington Park in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Full of Wonder and jockey Todd Kabel, ran down race favorite Perfect Soul in the final strides to win Saturday's $324,400 Niagara Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. I-C) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer Walsh Says Mistake Led to Positive
- California Implements New Whip Rule
- Wise Dan Cleared to Resume Full Training
- Ostrolenka, Good Luck Gus Rematch in NY Derby
- Workers' Comp Remains for NY Exercise Riders
- RaceTech Adds Suit Against Kentucky Downs
- 284 Cataloged for F-T New York-Bred Sale
- Rome Keynote Speaker at 2016 Owner Conference
- Genuine Reward to Old Friends
- Santa Anita Reports Attendance, Handle Gains