Charles Fipke's Irish homebred Perfect Soul wound up for his late bid from the far outside in the final turn and went on to tally an easy 2 1/2-length victory over Strut the Stage in Sunday's $336,000 King Edward Breeders' Cup Handicap (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf.
Longshot Dr. Brendler rallied in mid-stretch, then held off a resurging Perfect Soul to win the $200,000 Citgo Dixie Stakes (gr. IIT) by a half-length at Pimlico on Saturday. The 1 1/8-mile turf race run over soft going, was run in a slow 1:57.78, more than 10 seconds off the course record.
With six victories this year, including four stakes tallies, Bruno Schickedanz's Wake At Noon appears ready to take on the world's best at Arlington Park in the Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I).
Full of Wonder and jockey Todd Kabel, ran down race favorite Perfect Soul in the final strides to win Saturday's $324,400 Niagara Breeders' Cup Stakes (gr. I-C) at Woodbine.
Most Popular Stories
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 3/10/2014
- Native Diver to Receive New Resting Place
- Mining My Own Produces Bodemeister Filly
- Horses to Watch at OBS March Sale
- Half Ours Filly Tops Evangeline 2YO Sale
- NYRA May Lose Skorton as Chairman
- Old Friends Retiree The Name's Jimmy Dies
- Ohio Tracks, Horsemen Sign 10-Year Deals
- Mucho Macho Man Florida's Horse of the Year
- Haskin's One for the Roses: Honor Code