Silverton Hill homebred Havelock and jockey Garrett Gomez found room along the rail and just prevailed by a nose in a five-horse blanket finish of the $100,000 Shakertown Stakes (gr. IIIT) April 13 at Keeneland.
David A. Ross Racing Stable's Perfect Officer, a nose winner in last year's Shakertown Stakes (gr.IIIT), faces eight rivals April 13 when he makes his 2013 debut in the 17th running of the $100,000 turf sprint at Keeneland.
Perhaps bettors felt Ben's Cat had lost a step when they sent him off at 10-1 in the $150,000 Parx Dash Handicap June 17, but the 6-year-old dispelled that notion with an emphatic two-length victory in course record time.
Perfect Officer needed the every inch of the short Keeneland stretch to run down pacesetter Great Mills, as the 6-year-old son of Officer won by a nose in an exciting finish of the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on April 14.
About the only thing left for Chamberlain Bridge to do in his career is win the $100,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT), a race he's been in three times but has yet to conquer.
Regally Ready grabbed the lead early and flew up the inside to score in the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT) Nov. 5 at Churchill Downs.
A field of 12, plus two also-eligibles, was drawn for the Oct. 8 Woodford Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Keeneland. David Ross' Perfect Officer headlines the prep for the Breeders' Cup Turf Sprint (gr. IIT).
Weekend racing, Fasig-Tipton July Sale and the JRHA Sale. View Slideshow
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Beholder, Stellar Wind Renew Rivalry
- Snowden Death Investigation 'Inactive'
- Flintshire Rolls Into Joe Hirsch Turf Classic
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday