Paced by a sale-topping Per Incanto colt on opening day, the Inglis Classic yearling summer sale posted record returns at the auction's conclusion Feb. 10, with year-over-year increases in average, median, and gross.
A son of I Am Invincible sold for the highest price of $300,000 ($US234,577) at the second session of the Inglis classic yearling summer sale Feb. 9 as robust trading continued in Sydney, Australia.
After a pair of important grade I wins in New York as a sophomore last year, trainer Barclay Tagg had high expectations for Tale of Ekati in 2009, but so far things have not not panned out. Tagg will try blinkers on the son of Tale of the Cat as Belmont Park opens its 64-day spring/summer meet with the $100,000 Westchester Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double