The film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner" will have its California premiere Jan. 11 at the Krikorian Theatre in Monrovia.
In a new documentary, Penny Chenery reveals that during Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown run she had an affair with her champion racehorse's trainer, Lucien Laurin.
The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
The documentary "Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat's Owner," depicting the life of Penny Chenery, whose family's Meadow Stable bred and raced the great racehorse, will have its premiere Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- Finnegans Wake to Stand at Ballena Vista Farm