The film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner" will have its California premiere Jan. 11 at the Krikorian Theatre in Monrovia.
In a new documentary, Penny Chenery reveals that during Secretariat's 1973 Triple Crown run she had an affair with her champion racehorse's trainer, Lucien Laurin.
The sixth annual Secretariat Festival in Paris, Ky., features an appearance by Penny Chenery, and the world premiere of film "Penny & Red: The Life of Secretariat's Owner."
The documentary "Penny & Red: the Life of Secretariat's Owner," depicting the life of Penny Chenery, whose family's Meadow Stable bred and raced the great racehorse, will have its premiere Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- The Paralyzed Jockey Who's Still in the Race
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship