Pennsylvania-based owner-trainer Andrew Davidovich is trying to prove his 10-year-old pregnant mare Violet Eyed Diva, who hasn't raced in seven years, is fit enough for a Presque Isle outing.
Jockey Fergal Lynch voluntarily surrendered his license Sept. 3, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission said in a short release.
Jockeys at Philadelphia Park again have asked the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to facilitate an agreement between riders and track management on catastrophic-injury insurance coverage.
A racetrack at which all revenue after expenses would go toward the racing product remains in the works and in the running for a license in Pennsylvania, but the individual spearheading the project said it remains to be seen whether it would be a Thoroughbred track without slot machines, or a dual-breed facility with slots.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Relieving Laminitis Pain in the Field
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win