Pennsylvania-based owner-trainer Andrew Davidovich is trying to prove his 10-year-old pregnant mare Violet Eyed Diva, who hasn't raced in seven years, is fit enough for a Presque Isle outing.
Jockey Fergal Lynch voluntarily surrendered his license Sept. 3, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission said in a short release.
Jockeys at Philadelphia Park again have asked the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to facilitate an agreement between riders and track management on catastrophic-injury insurance coverage.
- By Tom LaMarra
A racetrack at which all revenue after expenses would go toward the racing product remains in the works and in the running for a license in Pennsylvania, but the individual spearheading the project said it remains to be seen whether it would be a Thoroughbred track without slot machines, or a dual-breed facility with slots.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- HKJC Executive to Give Round Table Keynote
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications