Pennsylvania-based owner-trainer Andrew Davidovich is trying to prove his 10-year-old pregnant mare Violet Eyed Diva, who hasn't raced in seven years, is fit enough for a Presque Isle outing.
Jockey Fergal Lynch voluntarily surrendered his license Sept. 3, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission said in a short release.
Jockeys at Philadelphia Park again have asked the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to facilitate an agreement between riders and track management on catastrophic-injury insurance coverage.
- By Tom LaMarra
A racetrack at which all revenue after expenses would go toward the racing product remains in the works and in the running for a license in Pennsylvania, but the individual spearheading the project said it remains to be seen whether it would be a Thoroughbred track without slot machines, or a dual-breed facility with slots.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park