Pennsylvania-based owner-trainer Andrew Davidovich is trying to prove his 10-year-old pregnant mare Violet Eyed Diva, who hasn't raced in seven years, is fit enough for a Presque Isle outing.
Jockey Fergal Lynch voluntarily surrendered his license Sept. 3, the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission said in a short release.
Jockeys at Philadelphia Park again have asked the Pennsylvania State Horse Racing Commission to facilitate an agreement between riders and track management on catastrophic-injury insurance coverage.
A racetrack at which all revenue after expenses would go toward the racing product remains in the works and in the running for a license in Pennsylvania, but the individual spearheading the project said it remains to be seen whether it would be a Thoroughbred track without slot machines, or a dual-breed facility with slots.
In a major change, Penn National Race Course has decided to racee Thursdays instead of Sundays in 2001.
Most Popular Stories
- Seven to Face American Pharoah in Haskell
- Desormeaux Taken Off Mounts at Del Mar
- Lady Eli Showing Improvement From Laminitis
- Desormeaux Failed Breathalyzer at Del Mar
- Untapable Looks for Shuvee Relief
- First Winners for Pair of Louisiana Stallions
- Gimme Da Lute Brings Class to Real Good Deal
- Emerald Downs to Unveil New Video Screen
- Protonico Heads Monmouth Cup Stakes Cast
- Real Solution Acquired by Calumet Farm