The 4-year-old Candy Ride gelding is back at his home base of Golden Gate Fields and is expected to be sidelined 60 to 90 days according to Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy, sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Champion Blind Luck brought $2.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. The multiple grade I-winning daughter of Pollard's Vision was consigned as Hip No. 210A by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- Parx Cancels Given Excessive Heat Warning
- Governor Malibu Probable for Jim Dandy