The 4-year-old Candy Ride gelding is back at his home base of Golden Gate Fields and is expected to be sidelined 60 to 90 days according to Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy, sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Champion Blind Luck brought $2.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. The multiple grade I-winning daughter of Pollard's Vision was consigned as Hip No. 210A by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Albarado Fractures Ankle, Off J Boys Echo in Derby
- Santa Anita Cancels April 27 Racing
- Irad Ortiz Jr. Wins Aqueduct Riding Title
- Dolphus Outruns Quality Field at Aqueduct
- Pricey Filly Tops OBS Pinhook Prospects
- Reach the World Euthanized After Training Injury
- J Boys Echo Breezes Five Furlongs at Churchill
- Stormy Liberal Wins Third Straight Stakes
- Imperative Repeats in Charles Town Classic
- Party Boat Upsets Fifty Five in Memories of Silver