The 4-year-old Candy Ride gelding is back at his home base of Golden Gate Fields and is expected to be sidelined 60 to 90 days according to Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy, sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Champion Blind Luck brought $2.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. The multiple grade I-winning daughter of Pollard's Vision was consigned as Hip No. 210A by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Legends: Charlie Whittingham, the Bald Eagle
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Limousine Liberal Seeks Graded Score in Smile
- Recruiting Ready Signs on for Bashford Manor