The 4-year-old Candy Ride gelding is back at his home base of Golden Gate Fields and is expected to be sidelined 60 to 90 days according to Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy, sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Champion Blind Luck brought $2.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. The multiple grade I-winning daughter of Pollard's Vision was consigned as Hip No. 210A by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud