The 4-year-old Candy Ride gelding is back at his home base of Golden Gate Fields and is expected to be sidelined 60 to 90 days according to Dan Ward, assistant to trainer Jerry Hollendorfer.
A Smart Strike colt out of Canadian champion older mare Serenading, by A.P. Indy, sold for $1 million late in the second session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 10 in Lexington.
Champion Blind Luck brought $2.5 million at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale. The multiple grade I-winning daughter of Pollard's Vision was consigned as Hip No. 210A by Taylor Made Sales Agency, agent.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Another Try for Metaboss in John Henry Turf
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill