Willmott Stables' Eddington, third in the Travers (gr. I) in his last start, drew post six for Friday's $300,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on opening night at the Meadowlands.
After talking to owner Roy Chapman Monday morning, trainer John Servis has mapped out a tentative plan for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones that includes the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), Pegasus Handicap (gr. III), and finally the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Regal Sanction took command in mid-stretch and dug in to hold off the late-closing No Parole by a head in the $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands on Friday night.
Starlight Stable's Harlan's Holiday drew the outside post position among seven 3-year-olds entered for Friday night's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/8 mile at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Harlan's Holiday was assigned highweight of 122 pounds for Friday's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at the Meadowlands.
Volponi sat patiently behind the dueling leaders and kicked home in the stretch to take the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Kiss A Native won the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap on Friday night, beating Cool N Collective by five lengths in the race for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands. Pine Dance finished third.
Most Popular Stories
- Grade 1 Winner, Sire Devil His Due Dies at 28
- Desormeaux Switches Agents to Arroyo
- Cloud Computing Leaves Pimlico, Others Thinking Belmont
- Cloud Computing Wears Down Classic Empire in Preakness
- Into Mischief Filly Tops Early at Midlantic Sale
- Hips to Watch: Day 2 Fasig-Tipton Midlantic Sale
- Trainer Richie Scherer Dies at Age 53
- Speedy Smart Strike Filly Brings $525,000
- Smart Strike Filly Leads the Way at Midlantic Sale
- Jimmy Creed Filly Pride of Endswell's Consignment