Willmott Stables' Eddington, third in the Travers (gr. I) in his last start, drew post six for Friday's $300,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. III) for 3-year-olds on opening night at the Meadowlands.
After talking to owner Roy Chapman Monday morning, trainer John Servis has mapped out a tentative plan for Kentucky Derby (gr. I) and Preakness (gr. I) winner Smarty Jones that includes the Haskell Invitational Handicap (gr. I), Pennsylvania Derby (gr. II), Pegasus Handicap (gr. III), and finally the Breeders' Cup Classic (gr. I).
Regal Sanction took command in mid-stretch and dug in to hold off the late-closing No Parole by a head in the $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands on Friday night.
Starlight Stable's Harlan's Holiday drew the outside post position among seven 3-year-olds entered for Friday night's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at 1 1/8 mile at the Meadowlands Racetrack.
Harlan's Holiday was assigned highweight of 122 pounds for Friday's $350,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) at the Meadowlands.
Volponi sat patiently behind the dueling leaders and kicked home in the stretch to take the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap (gr. II) on Friday night at the Meadowlands.
Kiss A Native won the $250,000 Pegasus Handicap on Friday night, beating Cool N Collective by five lengths in the race for 3-year-olds at the Meadowlands. Pine Dance finished third.
Most Popular Stories
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin