The successful team of trainer Elliott Walden and rider Pat Day teamed up with the 6-year-old mare License Fee to capture the $175,000 Grade III Just A Game Breeders' Cup Handicap over a mile on the Belmont Park turf. License Fee was sent off as the slight 2-1 favorite in the field of 12. Owned by WinStar Farm, License Fee won for the 16th time in 42 lifetime starts. She has earned nearly $1.2 million in her career.
Most Popular Stories
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Laoban Works Toward Return
- Paco Lopez Rides Winner No. 2,000
- Bangkok Upsets Melmich in Valedictory
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm