Stonestreet Stables' Hierro broke his maiden over the Churchill Downs main track as a juvenile and returned a winner under the Twin Spires April 28 in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III).
Led by Zayat Stable's talented but lightly raced Paynter, a field of 11 sophomores was entered in the $200,000 The Cliff's Edge Derby Trial (gr. III) on opening night of the Churchill Downs spring meet April 28.
Lightly raced I'll Have Another, running for the first time in two months, dug in through the stretch to stave off odds-on favorite Creative Cause by a nose in a tremendous finish to the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I).
Jason Shandler and Tom LaMarra handicap the Santa Anita Derby and Wood Memorial this week. Sponsored by TVG Watch Video
Creative Cause, one of the leading contenders for this year's Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I), drew the rail as the 6-5 favorite for the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby (gr. I) April 7.
Rebel Stakes (gr. II) winner Secret Circle remains on edge for his expected start in the $1 million Arkansas Derby (gr. I) following a bullet five-furlong drill in :58 2/5 at Santa Anita Park March 29.
Zayat Stables colt will make his second career start in grade II race at Hawthorne.
Fed Biz and Bodemeister responded with impressive wins for three-time Derby winner. read blog
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Returning Early From Break
- Wise Dan Turns in First Breeze Since Surgery
- The Pizza Man Key Ingredient To Arlington
- Jockey Stevens to Undergo Knee Surgery
- Multiple Group I Winner The Fugue Retired
- The Influence of His Majesty
- French Derby Duo Clash Again at Longchamp
- Tattersalls July Sale Ends on High Note
- Belmont to Offer Low-Roller Player Tourney
- Two Fillies Among 37 Ohio Derby Nominees