There were few surprises during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale, with buyers continuing to show selectivity for quality stock while there was little demand for cheaper horses.
Grade I winner My Conquestadory has been retired and will miss the Oct. 11 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Supplemental entries to the Fasig-Tipton Nov. sale include grade I winners and grade I producers.
- By Ron Mitchell
Paul Tackett talks about My Conquestadory's half sister, Hip 736, whom he is consigning in the Fasig-Tipton October Sale. watch video
Paul Tackett talks about My Conquestadory's half sister, Hip 736, whom he is consigning in the Fasig-Tipton October Sale. Paul says this filly has had many lookers after just a day and a half and the filly reminds him of My Conquestadory in the shoulders and head.
Debuting filly My Conquestadory surprised eight male rivals with a big stretch move to capture the $205,544 TVG Summer Stakes (Can-IIT) by 3 1/4 lengths Sept. 14 on the turf at Woodbine.
Buyers and consignors talk about how they are dealing with the sharp downturns in the market at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale and other auction-related issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Dortmund Drills for Sherman at Los Al
- Uncle Lino Back to Work at Santa Anita
- Finest City Entered for 2017 Debut in Santa Monica
- Southwest the Next Target for Uncontested
- Awesome Slew Stands Out in Sunshine Millions Classic
- Strong Racing Stable Has Oxley Looking Forward
- Reporting Star to Again Try Sunshine Millions Turf
- Sunshine Millions Cuts After FTBOA Withholds Payment
- Dr. Zic Among 36 Added to Fasig-Tipton Winter Mixed