There were few surprises during the first session of the Fasig-Tipton winter mixed sale, with buyers continuing to show selectivity for quality stock while there was little demand for cheaper horses.
Grade I winner My Conquestadory has been retired and will miss the Oct. 11 Queen Elizabeth II Challenge Cup (gr. IT) at Keeneland.
Supplemental entries to the Fasig-Tipton Nov. sale include grade I winners and grade I producers.
- By Ron Mitchell
Paul Tackett talks about My Conquestadory's half sister, Hip 736, whom he is consigning in the Fasig-Tipton October Sale. watch video
Paul Tackett talks about My Conquestadory's half sister, Hip 736, whom he is consigning in the Fasig-Tipton October Sale. Paul says this filly has had many lookers after just a day and a half and the filly reminds him of My Conquestadory in the shoulders and head.
Debuting filly My Conquestadory surprised eight male rivals with a big stretch move to capture the $205,544 TVG Summer Stakes (Can-IIT) by 3 1/4 lengths Sept. 14 on the turf at Woodbine.
Buyers and consignors talk about how they are dealing with the sharp downturns in the market at the Keeneland November breeding stock sale and other auction-related issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Melatonin Game in Gold Cup Victory
- Mo Tom Clear Winner in Ohio Derby
- Marialite Upsets Favorites at Hanshin
- Europeans Set for Belmont Derby, Oaks
- NJ-Bred Chublicious Captures Mr. Prospector
- Melatonin Could Get Time Off After Gold Cup
- Sheer Drama On Fence for 'Summit of Speed'
- Minding Coasts Clear in Pretty Polly
- California Chrome Logs Weekly Drill at Los Al
- Un Autre First Winner for I'll Have Another