A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Legendary British jumps jockey A.P. "Tony" McCoy plans to retire from race riding when the current season concludes April 25.
Silviniaco Conti won the William Hill King George VI Chase for the second straight year Dec. 26 at Kempton.
After capturing two Totesport Cheltenham Gold Cups, steeplechase star Kauto Star could soon be targeting Olympic gold medals after being sent by his owner for a month's training in dressage.
Recent English import Pierrot Lunaire denied champion Good Night Shirt his third consecutive Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) victory May 9 when he came from off the pace to win the $150,000 event at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Escayola, a 3-year-old gelded son of Revoque, topped day one of the Tattersalls Autumn Horses In Training Sale in Newmarket Monday after bringing 105,000 guineas from Terry Williamson on behalf of owner Margaret Findlay,
Most Popular Stories
- Successful Sire City Zip Dead at 19
- Cool Catomine Rolls Late in Prince of Wales Upset
- Girvin to Have New Pilot in Albarado in Haskell
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Baffert Still Aiming Arrogate for Pacific Classic
- Stakes Winners Featured in Del Mar Paddock Sale
- Stronach Group Explores Expansion into Massachusetts
- Z Capital Partners Purchases Parent Company of DRF
- Gutsy Move Gets Abel Tasman CCA Oaks Win
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'