The New York Turf Writers Association will honor the late racing journalist Paul Moran with a ceremony at Saratoga Race Course Sunday, July 20, which would have been his 67th birthday. Moran died Nov. 9 of lung cancer.
Eclipse Award-winning turf writer Paul Moran died Nov. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at age 67 following a long battle with lung cancer.
Kentuckyderby.com will now offer racing fans another way to experience the 2008 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with the introduction of a journalism series focusing on memorable racing moments and personalities.
By Paul Moran - The decline of racing's presence in the nation's newspapers follows in lockstep the absence of editors from the decision-making structure who were interested in the sport at a time when racing was considered a part of the culture -- something that no longer exists outside Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Havre de Grace Half Sister Wins at Delaware
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Strangles Leads to ThistleDown Quarantine
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Barretts Sale Features Wide Selection
- Suddenbreakingnews Works, Bound for Belmont
- PDJF Derby Day Fundraiser Raised Over $40,000
- Colt is First Winner for Maclean's Music