The New York Turf Writers Association will honor the late racing journalist Paul Moran with a ceremony at Saratoga Race Course Sunday, July 20, which would have been his 67th birthday. Moran died Nov. 9 of lung cancer.
Eclipse Award-winning turf writer Paul Moran died Nov. 9 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., at age 67 following a long battle with lung cancer.
Kentuckyderby.com will now offer racing fans another way to experience the 2008 Kentucky Derby Presented by Yum! Brands (gr. I) with the introduction of a journalism series focusing on memorable racing moments and personalities.
By Paul Moran - The decline of racing's presence in the nation's newspapers follows in lockstep the absence of editors from the decision-making structure who were interested in the sport at a time when racing was considered a part of the culture -- something that no longer exists outside Kentucky.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start
- Consignors Bullish on Fasig-Tipton Gulfstream Sale
- White Beauty Lineage
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Laurel Park to Introduce Fans to Ownership Experience