Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Favored Original Script, a game third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser last time out, led every step of the way at Woodbine June 30 to capture the $237,700 Bison City Stakes by one length.
Third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser after setting the pace, Original Script returns in the $250,000 Bison City Stakes, the second jewel of Canada's filly Triple Crown June 30 at Woodbine.
Heathcote led at every call of the marathon Valedictory (Can-III) on closing day for 2012 at Woodbine Dec. 16, romping to a 12 1/4-length victory in his stakes debut.
Anne's Beauty, a three-time Canadian stakes winner, has been retired from racing after injuring a tendon while finishing sixth in the Hendrie Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine May 19.
Anne's Beauty became a graded stakes winner with her first turf victory in the $159,119 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine, giving jockey Patrick Husbands his fifth triumph on the Aug. 27 card.
Anne's Beauty, two-length winner of the Duchess Stakes last month, tries the Woodbine turf this time against 10 rivals in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) Aug. 27.
Favorite Anne's Beauty found her best stride past mid-stretch to collar front-running Honey Chile close to home and register a two-length win in the $157,363 Duchess Stakes on Woodbine's Polytrack July 30.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Equine Infections Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth