Chiefswood Stable's homebred Leading Edge, a daughter of Tapit out of a grade II winner, heads Woodbine's Princess Elizabeth Stakes Nov. 2. The $250,000 race is for Canadian-foaled fillies at 1 1/16 miles.
Fourteen 2-year-olds, each in search of a first stakes win, are expected to crowd the starting gate for the $250,000 Cup and Saucer Stakes Oct. 20 over the Woodbine turf.
Favored Original Script, a game third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser last time out, led every step of the way at Woodbine June 30 to capture the $237,700 Bison City Stakes by one length.
Third in the Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser after setting the pace, Original Script returns in the $250,000 Bison City Stakes, the second jewel of Canada's filly Triple Crown June 30 at Woodbine.
Heathcote led at every call of the marathon Valedictory (Can-III) on closing day for 2012 at Woodbine Dec. 16, romping to a 12 1/4-length victory in his stakes debut.
Anne's Beauty, a three-time Canadian stakes winner, has been retired from racing after injuring a tendon while finishing sixth in the Hendrie Stakes (Can-II) at Woodbine May 19.
Anne's Beauty became a graded stakes winner with her first turf victory in the $159,119 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) at Woodbine, giving jockey Patrick Husbands his fifth triumph on the Aug. 27 card.
Anne's Beauty, two-length winner of the Duchess Stakes last month, tries the Woodbine turf this time against 10 rivals in the $150,000 Ontario Colleen Stakes (Can-IIIT) Aug. 27.
Favorite Anne's Beauty found her best stride past mid-stretch to collar front-running Honey Chile close to home and register a two-length win in the $157,363 Duchess Stakes on Woodbine's Polytrack July 30.
Anne's Beauty, a 2-year-old daughter of Artie Schiller, came from off the pace to nip odds-on favorite Nina Fever by a head in Woodbine's $149,047 Glorious Song Stakes Nov. 14.
Most Popular Stories
- Alert Bay Repeats in San Francisco Mile
- Battalion Runner, Malagacy to Bypass Kentucky Derby
- Thunder Snow Confirmed for Kentucky Derby
- Fast Work Provides Relief for Girvin's Connections
- Trust in Tammy: Fox Taught J Boys Echo His Lessons Well
- Gormley Puts in Unconventional Final Derby Work
- McErin, Five Fillies Take on Kentucky Juvenile Stakes
- Pletcher Breezes Four Kentucky Derby Hopefuls
- War Correspondent Responds in Miami Mile
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out