Tune Me In was sent off as the longest price in the $152,500 Oceanport (gr. IIIT) at Monmouth Park, but that didn't stop the 25-1 shot from springing an upset over six other turf contenders July 29.
With six victories on an 11-race card, jockey Eddie Castro equaled a Monmouth Park record before a Father's Day throng of 18,802 at the New Jersey track June 21.
Patricia Generazio's Presious Passion ran one of the gamest races of his career June 13 at Monmouth Park, as he fought back to regain the lead in mid-stretch, and then held off a determined Banrock at the finish for a nose victory in the $200,000 Monmouth Stakes.
Presious Passion, ridden confidently by Elvis Trujillo, shocked a field of capable distance horses at odds of 67-1 when he scored a 1 1/4-length win in the $200,000 W.L. McKnight Handicap (gr. IIT) on the turf at Calder Race Course Sept. 15.
Presious Passion had been completely over-matched in graded stakes company in his last two starts, but he turned that around at Meadowlands the night of Sept. 21, capturing the $150,000 Cliff Hanger (gr. IIIT) on the Big M's turf course.
Patricia A. Generazio's Don Six sped to the front then held off his late challengers to win Sunday's $109,400 Gravesend Handicap (gr. III) by 1 1/4 lengths at Aqueduct.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win