Mad Flatter, winner of the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) last month, heads the field for the co-featured $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap on the annual Florida Million program at Calder Casino and Race Course.
This Ones For Phil narrowly defeated Pashito The Che after a ding-dong stretch duel in the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30.
Herman Heinlein's Soldier's Dancer and Paul Pompa Jr.'s This Ones for Phil won Sunshine Millions races last year and the two Florida-bred geldings are back for more on Jan. 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Too Many Toyz outfought 7-10 favorite It's a Bird to win the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap in the finale of the $1.2 million Florida Million program at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14. Other big winners included Soldier's Dancer and Sweet Repent.
There is so much to discuss after the weekend's stakes extravaganza, but one race that likely had the most profound effect on the Breeders' Cup was the Goodwood Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Seasoned Sprinters Fill Churchill Downs S.
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Stewart Not Making Changes in Derby
- Vitali Seeks to Get Florida License Restored