Mad Flatter, winner of the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) last month, heads the field for the co-featured $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap on the annual Florida Million program at Calder Casino and Race Course.
This Ones For Phil narrowly defeated Pashito The Che after a ding-dong stretch duel in the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30.
Herman Heinlein's Soldier's Dancer and Paul Pompa Jr.'s This Ones for Phil won Sunshine Millions races last year and the two Florida-bred geldings are back for more on Jan. 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Too Many Toyz outfought 7-10 favorite It's a Bird to win the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap in the finale of the $1.2 million Florida Million program at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14. Other big winners included Soldier's Dancer and Sweet Repent.
There is so much to discuss after the weekend's stakes extravaganza, but one race that likely had the most profound effect on the Breeders' Cup was the Goodwood Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Brings Baffert Back to World Cup
- Owner-Breeder Bertram Klein Dies
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Dubai World Cup Night
- Litfin at Large: Getting Handle on Dubai World Cup Card
- Zulu Seeks Skip Away Rebound
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Different Paths, Futures for Two Spiral Contenders
- Arnold Believes Spiral is Good Spot for Convict Pike
- Mind Your Biscuits Could Give Summers First Win
- El Areeb Works at Laurel Toward Wood Memorial