Mad Flatter, winner of the Spend A Buck Handicap (gr. III) last month, heads the field for the co-featured $150,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap on the annual Florida Million program at Calder Casino and Race Course.
This Ones For Phil narrowly defeated Pashito The Che after a ding-dong stretch duel in the Sunshine Millions Sprint at Gulfstream Park Jan. 30.
Herman Heinlein's Soldier's Dancer and Paul Pompa Jr.'s This Ones for Phil won Sunshine Millions races last year and the two Florida-bred geldings are back for more on Jan. 30 at Gulfstream Park.
Too Many Toyz outfought 7-10 favorite It's a Bird to win the $200,000 Carl G. Rose Classic Handicap in the finale of the $1.2 million Florida Million program at Calder Casino & Race Course Nov. 14. Other big winners included Soldier's Dancer and Sweet Repent.
There is so much to discuss after the weekend's stakes extravaganza, but one race that likely had the most profound effect on the Breeders' Cup was the Goodwood Stakes (gr. I).
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase