A victory by Charm the Maker in the Paseana Handicap Jan. 13 would be beneficial on several fronts for trainer Ron McAnally, in addition to providing a good story line.
Odds-on favorite Feverish shot through a gap at the top of the stretch, opened up three lengths on the field of seven older fillies and mares at the eighth-pole, then held off the late run of Lovellon to win the $98,525 Paseana Handicap by one length Thursday at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Zakaroff 48-1 Stunner in El Camino Real Derby
- Royal Delta Half Brother Scores on Gulfstream Turf
- Lucky Pulpit, Sire of 'Chrome', Dies of a Heart Attack
- Terra Promessa Goes Gate to Wire in Bayakoa
- Curlin's Approval Stretches Out Handily in Royal Delta
- Wild At Heart Makes Short Work of Buena Vista
- High Ridge Road Closes to Win Barbara Fritchie
- Miss Temple City, Lady Eli Put in First Works of 2017
- Imperial Hint Makes the Grade in General George
- Gunnevera, Three Rules Work toward Fountain of Youth