After finishing second in three of his first four stakes tries, Morning Fire dug down Jan. 23 to hold off a stretch challenge from Epic Journey to win the $100,000 Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs.
Ten 3-year-olds looking to earn a spot in the $250,000 Sam F. Davis Stakes (gr. III) Feb. 13 and $350,000 Tampa Bay Derby (gr. II) March 12 are set for the $100,000 Pasco Stakes at seven furlongs Jan. 23 at Tampa Bay Downs.
Two-year-old Catalina Red set a track record at Tampa Bay Downs Dec. 27 when he won the $65,000 Pasco Stakes by a neck over X Y Jet as the 3-5 favorite.
Mighty Brown might have aged a year earlier this week, but his performance in the $100,000 Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs Jan. 4 proved he's getting better.
Dynamic Sky recovered from a tough trip to win the $100,000 Pasco Stakes over stablemate Sky Commander Jan. 12 at Tampa Bay Downs, giving owner John Oxley and trainer Mark Casse consecutive scores in the race.
- By Claire Novak
Claire Novak and Pete Denk handicap the Pasco Stakes, for 3-year-olds, at Tampa Bay Downs. watch video
This weekend's spotlight race in the 3yo division is the $100,000 Pasco Stakes at Tampa Bay Downs. read blog
Barkley Sound kept his perfect Tampa Bay Downs record intact by winning the $75,000 Pasco Stakes for 3-year-olds Saturday in the time of 1:24.1 for the seven-furlong distance.
Most Popular Stories
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- Quality Over Quantity in Fasig-Tipton Saratoga Catalog
- Street Surrender, Roman Secure First Stakes Win
- California Sire Benchmark Dead at 26
- Lady Eli, Cloud Computing Among Workers for Brown