A New Jersey Senate committee Dec. 9 approved legislation that would authorize historical race wagering, also known as Instant Racing, at the state's racetracks, off-track wagering parlors, and casino race books.
Pari-mutuel takeout rates and other issues were discussed during a lightly attended meeting of the New York State Racing Fan Advisory Council Oct. 19 at Belmont Park.
Former New York Racing Association president and chief executive officer Charles Hayward said Jan. 24 he wants the association to meet its obligations in the wake of his being fired last year.
The New York Racing Fan Advisory Council has released its formal recommendations for ways to improve horse racing in the state, and at the top of the list is lower pari-mutuel takeout.
- By Tom LaMarra
Here are 10 off-the-wall predictions for 2011. The way things go in horse racing, there's probably a chance one or two of them will come to fruition. Read Blog
Most Popular Stories
- Gulfstream Race is 'No Contest' After Spill
- Stormy Lucy Ends Graded Drought in Santa Ana
- California Chrome 'Wait and See' for SA Derby
- Rebel Rematch Expected in Arkansas Derby
- Likely Entrants for World Cup Card Released
- After the Wire: Rebel Stakes
- Hoppertunity Stays Up in Roughshod Rebel
- KY-Bred Lideris Wins Latinoamericana in Peru
- Apprentice Courtney Hernandez Gets First Win
- Featured Horse Profile: Close Hatches