Queen's Plate winner Lexie Lou won her first start outside Canada with an eye-catching burst of speed in the drive to take the $100,000 Autumn Miss Stakes (gr. IIIT) Oct. 25 over the Santa Anita turf.
Queen's Plate winner Lexie Lou made a smooth transition to the turf Aug. 10 at Woodbine with an impressive three-length victory as the odds-on choice in the $227,825 Wonder Where Stakes for 3-year-old fillies.
Six-time Sovereign Award-winning trainer Mark Casse earned his first victory in the $1 million Queen's Plate, Canada's most famous race, when his filly Lexie Lou came from off the pace to score by 1 1/2 lengths at Woodbine.
Lexie Lou outran stablemate Wild Catomine to score an impressive victory in the $500,000 Woodbine Oaks Presented by Budweiser at Woodbine June 15, as 1-2 favorite Paladin Bay finished off the board in the 1 1/8-mile test.
Spin the King nipped Go Greeley by a nose in the $141,825 Clarendon Stakes for Canadian-bred 2-year-olds at Woodbine July 7 to become the first stakes winner for his sire, Giant Gizmo.
Gross and average plunge at CTHS Canadian-bred preferred yearling sale Sept. 8.
Most Popular Stories
- Zenyatta Bred to Medaglia d'Oro
- Mor Spirit Move Pleases Baffert, Stevens
- Creator Turns in Final Kentucky Derby Breeze
- Gun Runner Wraps Up Major Pre-Derby Work
- California Chrome Arrives at Los Alamitos
- Breeder Lucy Bassett Dies at 87
- Asmussen Breezes Four Oaks Hopefuls
- Nyquist Top 3YO in Final Pre-Derby NTRA Poll
- Ohio Steps Up in American Stakes
- Hermann Named Golden Gate Announcer